Friday, October 24, 2008

"Punkin" Patch Season

I never realized until this year, pointed out by my husband, that I say "punkin" instead of pumpkin. I especially say it in the phrase "punkin patch" because it is so much easier than the tongue twister that "pumpkin patch" turns out to be. So I am now practicing the correct to say it so as not to confuse Ben next year...and to avoid the ridicule that ensues when I say it wrong.

We went to Fog Willow with Tim, Sarah, Audrey (3 yrs) & Devin (8 wks) Sherlock earlier this month in Wilton. I love this time of year and would enjoy going to pumpkin patch just as the dorky adult that I am, but going with kids is so much more fun!
Audrey was cracking us up...she could not choose a pumpkin. She probably picked up at least 25 before Tim sat her down and said the next one she touched was the one she was getting.
Sarah & I went with the kids on a hayride around the farm - Ben sat on Audrey's lap the entire time and just loved every second!


It is just a lot of fun to experience things through the eyes of a child. I can't believe Ben is going to be a year old in just 5 1/2 weeks...

No comments: